If you're only ordering Metagenics, please order from: (no 'www') drheidi.metagenics.co.za to save less 10% on all Metagenics products always!
Specialized pro-resolving mediator
SPM Active is designed to help support the body’s natural capacity to respond to physical challenges and resolve the immune response.*
Specialized pro-resolving mediators (SPMs) are molecules our bodies produce naturally in response to damaged tissue due to physical challenges and are a critical component of the body’s natural healing process.
Unfortunately, the body may not produce enough SPMs on its own. Diet, lifestyle, excess body fat, and other health challenges can affect SPM production. That’s where our clinically studied SPM Active can help.*
SPM's can help remove inflammation in the Inflammation Phase and Recovery Phase of The 4 Phases of COVID.
3. Escalating Inflammation Phase: Support is focused on anti-inflammatory measures.
4. Recovery Phase: Support is focused on resolving inflammation, inhibiting fibrosis and other forms of tissue damage, curtailing losses of function, and restoring and reoptimizing function. Because some people have been observed to relapse into the Escalating Inflammation Phase, it is essential for clinical surveillance to continue well into what may appear to be the Recovery Phase.
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Serving Size||2 Softgels|
|Servings Per Container||30|
|Total Fat||1 g||1%*|
|Active Fractionated Marine Lipid Concentrate†
SPM content standardized to
18-hydroxy-eicosapentaenoic acid (18-HEPE) and
17-hydroxy-docosahexaenoic acid (17-HDHA)
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
**Daily Value not established
- Take two softgels once daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- Read ingredients, dosages and cautions carefully.
- Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a healthcare provider.
- If you are on medication, taking nutritional supplements, suffering from any medical condition, pregnant, or breastfeeding, consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any new food, supplement or remedy.
- Do not stop prescribed medication without consulting your healthcare practitioner.
- Report any new or strange symptoms to your healthcare practitioner to ensure appropriate medical care.
- Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Due to the unique nature of each individual person’s health, specific results cannot be guaranteed and may vary from person to person.
- The product information provided is for educational purposes and is not intended as either diagnosis or treatment of any disease, nor does it replace professional medical advice.
- This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure of prevent any disease.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a cool (below 25°c), dry place.
To address the immune response, we first need to define it.
The human body is equipped with a natural defense called the immune system, which is designed to fight off external threats and damaged tissue caused by these threats and help the body return to homeostasis. Although the immune response is a natural process, it can be harmful to the body if left unresolved.
In a perfect world, the immune response should resolve itself.
The immune response ideally occurs in two phases: initiation and resolution. When a person experiences a physical challenge, lipid mediators and various other compounds are produced naturally in the body. This is called initiation and is marked by physical discomfort and other physical responses.1
But SPM production may be lacking.
During resolution, pro-resolving lipid mediators are produced and help the body to heal and repair itself naturally. Unfortunately, inadequate SPM production can hinder the body’s natural recovery process—leaving the immune response incomplete and unresolved.2
ROLE OF SPECIALIZED PRO-RESOLVING MEDIATORS
That’s where SPM Active can help.
While scientists traditionally believed that resolution was a passive process, groundbreaking research has shown that resolution is an active process that’s dependent on adequate SPM status.3*
The role of SPMs in the body
Reprogram immune cells
SPMs encourage immune cells to be more protective and less likely to amplify the negative effects of an environmental stressor.*
Help restore balance
SPMs are necessary to return to homeostasis after a physical challenge and support overall wellbeing.*
1. Serhan CN. Mol Aspects Med. 2017;58:1-11.
2. Serhan CN. FASEB J. 2017;31(4):1273-1288.
3. Dalli J et al. Br J Pharmacol. 2019;176(8):1024-1037.
4. Serhan CN. Nature. 2014;510(7503):92-101.
5. Souza PR et al. Circ Res. 2020;126(1):75-90.