The Compounding Pharmacy
N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC)
Mucolytic | Respiratory Protection | Antioxidant
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) plays an important role in detoxification, immune support, antioxidant support and is a powerful mucolytic. All this makes it very useful in COVID.
NAC is normally found in both the liver and the lungs, and enhances the body's ability to produce glutathione, one of the most critical antioxidants in the body.
NAC can support the health of your lungs, liver and immune system.
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) is a precursor to glutathione ie. the body uses it to make glutathione.
NAC is a derivative of the amino acid cysteine, used to synthesize glutathione, one of the most important antioxidants compounds used by the body in Phase I and Phase II cellular detoxification.
Supplementing with glutathione on its own is not always the most effective way of providing cellular glutathione support.
Oral supplements of NAC N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine is a reliable method of increasing glutathione levels inside cells.
- Immune and Respiratory Support: NAC has the ability to disrupt disulfide bonds of proteins found in mucus, allowing it to be more easily expelled from the lungs. The antioxidant action of NAC may also help protect the lungs and support the immune system.
- Antioxidant Activity: NAC is needed to produce intracellular glutathione, needed for the healthy function of the liver, nerve cells, brain, pancreas, and lungs.
- Protection for Brain and Nerve Cells: NAC's antioxidant properties help protect against damage to neurons, the specialized cells found in our nervous system that are vital to maintaining memory and cognitive function.
- 90 veg caps
Serving size: 1 capsule
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) 500mg per capsule
- Take 1 to 2 capsules daily throughout the year as general detoxification support.
- It is recommended to take this product with a multivitamin.
- To assist with lung infections or lung conditions, take 1 to 6 capsules three times a day with a large glass of water.
- At higher doses, eat a small amount of food.
- Higher doses of NAC may cause symptoms of heartburn. To avoid this, eat a small amount of food and drink a full cup of water.
- Read ingredients, dosages and cautions carefully.
- Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a healthcare provider.
- If you are on medication, taking nutritional supplements, suffering from any medical condition, pregnant, or breastfeeding, consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any new food, supplement or remedy.
- Do not stop prescribed medication without consulting your healthcare practitioner.
- Report any new or strange symptoms to your healthcare practitioner to ensure appropriate medical care.
- Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Due to the unique nature of each individual person’s health, specific results cannot be guaranteed and may vary from person to person.
- The product information provided is for educational purposes and is not intended as either diagnosis or treatment of any disease, nor does it replace professional medical advice.
- This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure of prevent any disease.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a cool (below 25°c), dry place.