Magnesium Bath Flakes
Magnesium mineral bath salts
Magnesium Flakes are a highly concentrated form of magnesium chloride, a natural form of magnesium. They are an effective way to enjoy the benefits of a magnesium chloride in a bath, fully exposing and replenishing the body with this essential mineral.
BetterYou Magnesium Flakes can be added to your bath to help soothe tired and aching muscles for the ultimate relaxation.
- Pure Zechstein Inside® Magnesium Flakes
- Promotes natural relaxation
- Soothes aching and tired muscles
- Suitable for baths and footbaths
- Effective magnesium absorption
- Fully recyclable eco-friendly packaging
Proudly British made
Never tested on animals
Benefits of magnesium
- Crucial for general wellbeing
- Supports healthy bones
- Improves skin health
- Helps you relax for a good night’s sleep
- Relieves muscle tension
Magnesium is responsible for 325 chemical reactions inside the body and helps support calcium absorption, maintenance of normal bones and teeth, normal psychological function, and healthy functioning of the nervous system.
Magnesium also helps improve rest and recovery by contributing to a reduction in tiredness and fatigue, electrolyte balance and supports normal energy-yielding metabolism.
What are Magnesium Flakes?
Magnesium bath flakes, sometimes called magnesium bath salts, are a highly concentrated form of magnesium supplementation, designed to be added to a bath or footbath.
Soaking in a magnesium-rich bath helps promote relaxation and soothe tired and aching muscles. Allowing full-body exposure to a concentrated solution of magnesium chloride. A gentle and effective method of supplementation.
The magnesium used within Magnesium Flakes has been naturally purified over 250 million years to guarantee it is free from man-made pollutants and heavy metals.
How do Magnesium Flakes work?
When placed in warm water, the Magnesium Flakes dissolve and absorb into your skin. This is known as transdermal magnesium absorption and is a great way to increase magnesium levels, as well as ease muscle tension.
Benefits of transdermal magnesium absorption
A number of studies have been carried out around magnesium intake and its benefits. These studies have found that transdermal magnesium absorption (intake through the skin) is a highly effective way to increase magnesium levels.
As magnesium is a natural relaxant, if you take a large dose orally it can have a laxative effect. Using it as a transdermal product means that it avoids processing by the digestive system and so too avoids the laxative effect; therefore you can take larger doses through the skin.
A convenient alternative to tablets and capsules, transdermal magnesium has several benefits:
- Is easy to apply
- Bypasses the digestive system
- Is universally acceptable and suitable for those with malabsorption issues
- Avoids the laxative effect of high oral supplementation doses
- No contraindications with prescribed medications.
- All ages
- Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate Flakes (47% MgCl2 concentration)
Guaranteed mineral quality
|Up to 47%||MgCl2|
|Up to 0.8%||KCl|
|Up to 0.1%||CaCl2|
|Up to 0.6%||MgSO2|
|Up to 0.9%||NaCl|
|Up to 51%||H2O|
1kg of Magnesium Flakes contains 152g of elemental magnesium.
How to use Magnesium Flakes
You can use magnesium flakes in a bath or footbath.
- Add 150g magnesium chloride flakes for every five litres of (warm) water.
- Ensure your feet are fully submerged.
- Sit and relax for 20 minutes.
Full body baths
- Add 250g magnesium chloride flakes to your bath. Increase dosage for a more intensive treatment or after periods of exercise.
- Lie back and relax for 20 minutes.
It is recommended to take a magnesium bath two or three times a week.
- Free from pollutants
- Free from heavy metals
- Natural source
- BetterYou Zechstein Inside® magnesium chloride comes from a natural source, deep inside the Earth’s crust. It has been protected from man-made pollutants for over 250 million years, ensuring quality and purity.
- EVOH is a water-soluble polymer and lines all BetterYou Magnesium Flakes resealable pouches. Its biodegradable properties allow our pouches to be 100% recyclable. The first of their kind.
- Unlike other pouch linings, BetterYou pouches do not contain chlorine, dioxins, toxic gases or harmful metals but are composed of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen.
- These pouches are even more efficient as our linings have a 10,000 times greater gas barrier than standard LDPE film hence preserving Flake freshness while helping to reduce waste.
- BetterYou Magnesium Flakes packaging utilises this advanced technology promoting zero harm to the environment.
- Palm-oil derivative free
This product has been certified palm oil and palm oil derivative free by The International Palm Oil Free Certification Trademark (POFCAP).
Learn more about the Better Planet Project >
For external use only.
Avoid contact with eyes
Do not use on damaged or broken skin.
Supplements should not replace a balanced diet or healthy lifestyle.
- Read ingredients, dosages and cautions carefully.
- Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a healthcare provider.
- If you are on medication, taking nutritional supplements, suffering from any medical condition, pregnant, or breastfeeding, consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any new food, supplement or remedy.
- Do not stop prescribed medication without consulting your healthcare practitioner.
- Report any new or strange symptoms to your healthcare practitioner to ensure appropriate medical care.
- Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Due to the unique nature of each individual person’s health, specific results cannot be guaranteed and may vary from person to person.
- The product information provided is for educational purposes and is not intended as either diagnosis or treatment of any disease, nor does it replace professional medical advice.
- This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure of prevent any disease.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a cool (below 25°c), dry place.