- Vitamin C may increase the absorption of iron so it is not recommended if your body has a genetic iron storage issue such as haemochromatosis.
- Vitamin C may increase aluminum absorption from antacids
- Vitamin C may decrease exogenous estrogen metabolism
- Vitamin C may decrease fluphenazine concentrations
- Large doses of vitamin C may reduce half-life of HIV protease inhibitors
- Warfarin activity may be affected by Vitamin C - not recommended for use with Warfarin.
- If you are using medication to lower blood pressure or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare professional before using vitamin C.