A homeopathic remedy for headaches associated with muscle tension and stress.
- One dose is 3-5 pillules sucked under the tongue in a clean mouth.
- This applies to adults, children and animals alike.
- At the first sign of a headache, dose every half hour for 3 doses then every hour for 3 doses.
Reduce to 2-4 hourly as required and stop when relief is obtained.
- Headaches can be caused by many different conditions and can be complex to treat.
- For recurrent, chronic or very severe headaches, consult with a homeopath or health practitioner.
- Read ingredients, dosages and cautions carefully.
- Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a healthcare provider.
- If you are on medication, taking nutritional supplements, suffering from any medical condition, pregnant, or breastfeeding, consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any new food, supplement or remedy.
- Do not stop prescribed medication without consulting your healthcare practitioner.
- Report any new or strange symptoms to your healthcare practitioner to ensure appropriate medical care.
- Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Due to the unique nature of each individual person’s health, specific results cannot be guaranteed and may vary from person to person.
- The product information provided is for educational purposes and is not intended as either diagnosis or treatment of any disease, nor does it replace professional medical advice.
- This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure of prevent any disease.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a cool (below 25°c), dry place.
- As a general rule, if a positive response has not been seen within 24 - 48 hours, please consult with your homeopathic practitioner or your general practitioner.
ONE DOSE IS 3-5 PILLULES
- Suck 3-5 pillules on a clean mouth (oral buccal mucosa of the mouth). This instruction applies to newborns, the elderly, humans and animals.
- Avoid peppermint, coffee, toothpaste and other ‘aromatic’ food or drink 20min before dosing.
- The pegasus remedies are in the form of medicated, lactose-based pillules.
- Do not handle the pillules directly as the remedies are very dilute and subtle.
FREQUENCY OF DOSING
- Each dose is a message to the body to initiate healing rather than an amount of medication, therefore the frequency that you dose is more important than the number of pillules you take for one dose. You are not taking milligrams of a medication.
- The first 12 hours of dosing acute conditions with homeopathic remedies is most important.
- The most common dosage regimen (e.g. treating a cold or flu) would be: 1 dose every hour for 3 doses then every 2 hours for 3 doses thereafter every 4 hours.
- Once the symptoms are under control, you can reduce to 3 times a day for a few days and then stop.
- The more acute or intense the condition, the more frequent the dose e.g. in a bee sting, take one dose every 15 minutes for 3 doses then every half hour for 3 doses.
- Once there is a response, decrease the dosage interval until 4 hourly and stop once resolved.
- In cases of acute, self-limiting ailments, continuous dosing for more than 3-5 days is not recommended.
- If further treatment is required, a homeopathic doctor should be consulted.
STOP DOSING WHEN SYMPTOMS RESOLVE
- Once the desired results have been obtained, stop taking the medication.
- It is not necessary to take the medication until the bottle is empty.
- Prolonged use of a remedy, well after it is needed, could end up aggravating the condition.
- Dose only when there are symptoms present.
DOSING WITH MORE THAN ONE REMEDY AT A TIME
- If it is indicated by the symptoms present, one can dose with more than one remedy at a time e.g. child with snotty nose with infected mucus and blocked painful ears – one could give sinus 30c for congestion + muco drainol 30c to reduce mucus + anti-virabac 200c for the infection.
- Giving more than 3 remedies at a time is not recommended as each one is a combination remedy and we do not want to over stimulate the body by giving it too many messages.
- As soon as you can, reduce using multiple remedies i.e. as the symptoms requiring one particular remedy resolve, stop dosing with that remedy and continue with the remedy that is still required.
- When dosing with more than one remedy at a time, alternate dosing between the remedies.
- Do not take different remedies simultaneously as this will render them ineffective.
FOR 2 REMEDIES
- Alternate dosing either every half-hour or hourly initially until there’s a positive response to the symptom picture.
- Thereafter, dose every two to four hours until well.
- The remedy can continue to be taken once a day or once or twice per week if there is an underlying chronic picture eg: asthma.
- Absorption of homeopathic remedies takes place in the mucosa of the mouth.
- For optimum absorption a clean surface is required.
- Dosing children is the same as for adults.
- Remember that each dose is a 'message' to the body and not an amount of medication.
- It is easy to dose them with the pillules as they taste nice, no nasty tasting syrups!
- Until an infant can suck the pillules safely without risk of choking (around 8-9 months old), crush 4-5 pillules between 2 plastic medicine measures then add a small amount of water and spoon directly into the child’s mouth.
- Do not use metal spoons as the remedies are very subtle and absorption may be affected.
- As soon as the child can suck the pillules, dose normally.
- Alternatively if you’re dosing frequently (e.g. colic), another method may be useful: Dissolve 10 pillules in half a glass of boiled and cooled water and spoon one medicine measure into the infant’s mouth for each dose.
- Discard the water after 24 hours.
- Animals respond very well to homeopathic remedies e.g. the itchy skin syndrome in dogs responds very well to the histamine comp 30C remedy and the t.r.s 200C (trauma, rescue, shock) remedy helps animals that react badly to thunderstorms and fireworks or during transport.
- The dosing regimen is the same for humans.
- Place 4 or 5 pillules in the animals’ mouth and hold the jaw closed. As soon as he tastes the sweet pillules, he will take them more readily.
- If necessary, one could add around 10 pillules to his daily drinking water, only in a plastic bowl, not metal.
- Homeopathic remedies are ideal for use by professional sportsmen & women as they are energetic remedies designed to stimulate the body to heal rather than dosing with an amount of medication.
- They will not affect performance as some drugs can e.g. side effect of drowsiness with chemical anti-histamine drugs.
- They cannot be detected in doping tests as the remedies are so dilute (but energised).
- So for any ailments that an athlete might have e.g. sinus pain & congestion, allergies, injuries & muscle stiffness, dehydration (during & after events), diarrhoea, performance anxiety, headaches, migraine, colds & flu, chest problems, sore throats etc., they can safely and effectively treat themselves, as the remedies are simply providing a message to the body to heal.
- The pillules are made of sucrose, which is a sugar and thus not ideal for diabetics as they are sweet.
- However, none of the pegasus remedies are intended for use long term as each episode should require dosing for a few days only.
- Should diabetics choose to use the remedies, they should use only 3 pillules per dose to limit the sugar aspect or as an alternative, dissolve 10 pillules in half a glass of water and use one medicine measure for each dose.
- Discard the water after 12 hours.
- This way, the sugar element is diluted.
BLOOD THINNING AGENTS
- For those taking blood-thinning medication (e.g. warfarin, clopidogrel (Plavix), heparin etc.) there are some homeopathic remedies that may affect the blood-clotting process in a small minority of sensitive individuals.
- The risk is low and the occurrence rare.
- The probability is further reduced by the fact that the pegasus remedies are only indicated for short-term use (3-5 days).
- Should one choose to take one of these remedies for an extended period of time, we would advise close monitoring of the blood-thinning medication levels in the blood.
- The risk would increase should a sensitive individual take 2-3 of the remedies concerned at the same time.
- Each remedy concerned has a warning label on the bottle and is highlighted on this website on the individual remedy pages.