The ability to accurately identify whether individuals are at risk for, infected with, or have an immune response to SARS-CoV-2 is essential to address the COVID-19 pandemic from both a personal and a public health perspective. Reliable testing is critical for:
- Determining the state of an individual’s immune response to exposure.
- Assessing whether an individual is contagious and needs to be quarantined.
- Deciding if an individual is immune and can return to society without undue risk.
- Facilitating contact tracing to reduce viral spread.
- Determining the prevalence and natural history of this novel disease.
Due to the length of this post, please click here to read the rest of this post on the Institute for Functional Medicine's website.