Spatone | Apple + Vitamin C
Liquid iron supplement with added Vitamin C & delicious natural apple flavour
Spatone® is a naturally sourced liquid iron supplement that comes from a single source in Snowdonia. It is packed in convenient single-serve sachets which can be carried with you and either taken as they are or added to fruit juice, so it can slot right into your regular schedule.
The iron in Spatone® can help you stay healthy on your terms. A little sachet with a lot of iron. One sachet of Spatone®, or up to two during pregnancy, should fulfil your daily requirement for iron.
- 100% natural
- Clinically tested
- Gentle on the stomach
- Ideal during pregnancy
- Packed in convenient daily sachets, ideal for use on the go
- It’s gluten-free
- It’s suitable for all over 2 years old
- One sachet of Spatone® contains 5mg of iron which covers the daily amount of (absorbed) iron needed.
Where does Spatone come from?
- Spatone®Liquid Iron is a naturally occurring iron supplement that’s sourced directly from Snowdonia National Park in Wales, United Kingdom.
- Imagine a rolling hillside, luscious green valleys and sky-high mountains. Snowdonia is a sight to behold, and tucked away in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park is Trefriw Wells, the unique source of Spatone® iron-rich water.
The iron in Spatone® is highly absorbable
It’s not so much a matter how much iron we consume, but more a matter of how much iron our bodies can absorb. The science behind this is quite complex but basically our bodies find it hard to absorb iron even though they need it to stay healthy.
The bioavailability (the proportion which enters the circulation when introduced into the body and so is able to have an active effect) of the iron in Spatone® is around 40% which means that there is enough in a single sachet to get our dietary iron requirements.
Spatone® is gentle
- As Spatone® has higher absorption it means less unabsorbed iron enters into the intestinal tract which causes fewer unpleasant effect often experienced by those taking iron supplements such as constipation and stomach irritation.
Who should take Spatone?
- Anybody who is low on iron or vulnerable to iron deficiency
- Pregnant and post-natal woman
- Mostly females - children over two years and adults
- Menstruating females
- Vegetarians and vegans
Spatone® is suitable during pregnancy
- Pregnant women often require a higher iron intake and that means some expectant women will need to supplement this mineral if they struggle to get it from their diets.
- Spatone® is suitable for use during pregnancy but always check with your doctor or midwife before you start taking it.
- During pregnancy you can take up to two sachets per day to maintain your iron levels. Either take them together or have one in the morning and one in the evening – whatever best suits your lifestyle. But remember to consult your doctor or midwife before taking a liquid iron supplement like Spatone®.
It’s suitable for vegetarians and athletes
- Spatone® is suitable for vegetarians and endorsed by the Vegetarian Society.
- Spatone® is a certified product by Informed-Sport. The Informed-Sport (2008) certification programme was established by one of the world's leading sports doping control laboratories, HFL Sport Science, which is now known as LGC. This programme provides assurance that particular batches of the product listed on their website have been tested for banned substances by LGC's world-class sports anti-doping laboratory.
- For adults and children over 2 years, take one sachet daily
- During pregnancy, it is recommended to take up to two sachets a day
How to use
- Spatone® comes in easy to use sachets that you can either add to your favourite drink or take straight from the sachet.
- Spatone® | Original is ideally taken diluted in fruit juice not only because it tastes but lighter coloured juices such as orange, apple, mango or pineapple are rich in Vitamin C which increases iron absorption.
- It’s ideally taken on an empty stomach in the morning. It’s best to leave a 30 – 45 min gap before eating or drinking if you are taking it between meals. This is because some substances in foods and drinks can reduce your body’s ability to absorb iron.
- Note: Polyphenols (tannins) and caffeine found in tea and coffee, caseins (milk) and calcium in dairy products, phytates in cereals, phosphates in carbonated drinks and supplements such as calcium and zinc all reduce the body’s ability to absorb iron.
- Add to fruit juice – iron is more easily absorbed when taken with Vitamin C
- If fruit juice isn’t your thing why not take Spatone®as part of a tasty vitamin-C rich smoothies
- Natural water with each sachet containing 5 mg of elemental iron as Fe2
|Serving Size:||1-2 Sachets per day|
|Iron 25 mg||25 mg (179% of NRV*)|
* Nutrition Reference Value
- Do not take iron supplements if you have a tendency to store iron due to a genetic variation called Hematomacrosis.
- Read ingredients, dosages and cautions carefully.
- Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a healthcare provider.
- If you are on medication, taking nutritional supplements, suffering from any medical condition, pregnant, or breastfeeding, consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any new food, supplement or remedy.
- Do not stop prescribed medication without consulting your healthcare practitioner.
- Report any new or strange symptoms to your healthcare practitioner to ensure appropriate medical care.
- Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Due to the unique nature of each individual person’s health, specific results cannot be guaranteed and may vary from person to person.
- The product information provided is for educational purposes and is not intended as either diagnosis or treatment of any disease, nor does it replace professional medical advice.
- This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure of prevent any disease.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a cool (below 25°c), dry place.